Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today I learned that if you put your mind to it, you can find very creative ways to stave off defeat... at least for a while.

I was shooting hoops with a friend at a local park and we decided to play H.O.R.S.E. Keep in mind, I'm pretty sure the Clinton administration was just taking office the last time I touched a basketball, so my chances at hanging one in the "W" column were not good to start with. So before I know it, I'm a H.O. (insert haha), then a H.O.R. (insert more haha), until finally I'm at H.O.R.S.E. BUT-- never fear, my creative juices started to flow, and I suggested we play H.O.R.S.E.S. Ha! I lost the next shot, BUT WAIT-- I then suggested we play H.O.R.S.E.S.T.! I still lost, but oh well... I was able to prolong the game, had it been possible to mount a comeback, plus my English teacher mother would probably be pretty proud of me using suffixes to try and win. And now I can look at myself and say, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the horsest of them all?" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment